I never struggle when I write (because, let’s be real, I just spew pointless things and pretend it makes sense half the time) but today, let me warn you, this post is going to be all over the place because there is some serious ‘internal jumping around’ happening.
I GOT NOMINATED FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD! (Cue mini dance party.)
-Here we go. *sniffs* I’d like to thank my mom, dad, my parents, my sister, my ever educative television set, my television remote, my hair brush, my bean bag and last but not the least, YOU! (This is not getting cut off.)
I got nominated for the Liebster award by this wonderful person right here, perfection has a price. If you’re reading this, M, Thank you so much. (For the seventh time, probably xD) Go check her blog out! GO! Her site bowled me over and I’m not just saying this because I have to! I’ve featured one of her posts once before on my site so, you know I’m being real here when I say visiting her page will leave you astounded.
Here’s a list of questions I’ve answered trusting that this might tell a little more about myself as opposed to the three lines on my ‘About.’ (Also, those are some reaaaaal gooooooood three lines.)
- What is your favorite place to go relax?
-Any place that overlooks the ocean or a sea or a lake or a pond or any other water body that I haven’t learnt in school (OH, a river), is a place that’ll always be my number one spot to relax.
But, on an ordinary day when I’m encompassed in work, my bean bag is a good enough spot to take a breather.
- What place have you never been to but would love to visit?
-I’ve always gone back and forth between Paris and Maldives. But ever since I learnt about Vaadhoo, Maldives which is a beach that lights up at night because of bioluminescent phytoplankton, I’ve only and only dreamt about flying to Maldives. (Maybe someday. But if you want to fund, feel free.)
- Why and/or how did you start your blog?
-Why? Because on February 5th, after I had completed my physics internals, I was elated. But, there was nothing I could do sitting at home. So, I decided I’d write.
How? I first started a blog on WordPress under the name POV….something. And I asked my sister to Google it to see if my face popped up. Unfortunately, the address I’d chosen…..um, let’s just say it was a bad decision choosing anything with POV and a number. (Also, when I was 14 years old, as a gift, my sister created a blog account and my first post about ‘Sister’ is still floating around somewhere on the web.)
- What is your favorite song or what song do you feel speaks to you most?
-I have no favorites in songs. Each week it keeps changing. Since I dance (never in front of an audience. Ya’ll are welcome), I tend to lean towards more of pop music and a little bit of foot tapping country music. Off late, I’ve been so pulled in to Afro-Pop.
One song that speaks to me the most is, as of now (this week), X Ambassadors-Unsteady. (Explaining why will be a fun story for some other time.)
- What movie do you know almost all the words to?
-‘Twilight’ (only the first movie) and ‘A Cinderella Story’. Almost? I KNOW EVERYTHING.
- What’s your favorite animal?
-Pandas! Anyday. Oh and penguins and unicorns and cats and dogs that don’t bite and want to use me as a ramp. And fish.
- What do you do for a living, or what would you like to do for a living?
-I’m still a student so, for now I only eat, breathe and sleep. I’d love to study medicine (Part thanks to Grey’s Anatomy and House.)
- What is the reasoning behind the name of your blog?
-I’m not creative. My address has the first letter of my name and continues as my entire birth date, month and year. ‘Your average peahead’, I’m giving all credits to my Mom because she came up with this (and she’s reading this so, I can’t say I came up with that. Thanks mama Peahead. Strangely satisfying.)
- What is your favorite quote?
-‘Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.’-A cinderella story.
- If you had to go a week with only one item, what would it be?
-A fully functional television set.
- What is your favorite thing in nature? (i.e a rainbow, the woods, the ocean…etc)
-I LOVE the ocean. And rainbows. And coffee plantations.
- I have only three permanent scars. One on my head (because I fell off a chair like a jackfruit when I was 2) and one on my middle finger (because my sister ‘accidently’ shoved a piece of glass into my flesh.) and one on my knee. (The first wound I was dared not to cry for.)
- I’ve never broken any body part. Yet.
- I’. pretty sure I have thalassophobia and acrophobia. (And yet, you’ll still find me on a beach. I don’t know how to explain that to people. But the fear is real.)
- I learnt swimming when I was 8 and was the fastest in the class. (*Whips her hair and pats her back*)
- I can do the flower tongue. (Should I or should I not put a picture of it? I’ll gross you out some other time, maybe.)
- I can raise both my eyebrows one at a time. (I have thick eyebrows so you can really see them move and arch.)
- I have five moles on my face (or more) out of which three are aligned diagonally in a STRAIGHT line. (One above my left eyebrow, one on my nose, and one under the right corner of my lip.)
- I can never clip my own toe nails and never let anyone cut them besides my dad because I was mortified when my sister cut them in the shape of houses and again, dug the cutter into my flesh. (I don’t know how I’ve grown to love this monster. She’s a darlin’, otherwise. I promise.)
- I have sweaty palms and feet no matter what the situation. But if I’m scared, it’s the friggin’ Victoria Falls on my palms and feet.
- I’m still friends with my best friend of 15 years. (WOOT!)
I knooooow! I’m interesting. Anyway, I had so much fun writing this. (I don’t know about you reading it.) Here is the list of nominations.
Since I don’t have good enough means to send you the details, I had to do this!
– Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
– Copy and paste the Liebster Award badge to your post
– Nominate up to 10 new bloggers
– Answer the 10 questions the person who nominated you asked you
– Notify the bloggers you have nominated by leaving them a comment on their blog
– Create 10 new questions to ask the bloggers you nominate.
-What’s one of your favorite ‘little things’ to enjoy in life?
-You are allowed one beverage for the rest of your life. What would you choose?
-What is your favorite social networking site?
-Do you like to spend your free time alone or in company?
-How do you relax at the end of the day?
-Which languages do you understand or speak?
-What was your most awkward moment?
-What is a dish you always wanted to try?
-What is a saying you say a lot?
-What makes you nervous?
-How did you meet your best friend?
Happy answering. And leave a few random facts about you as well. If you haven’t been nominated, take this as a secret VIP whisper, YOU’RE NOMINATED AS WELL! Have fun doing this.
Until our time meets again,
I hope you guys have a great day. Sorry for the links, I’m still figuring things out. Cut me some slack, yo! Thanks.